Tomato Jos is a non-public fairness backed, fast-growing social enterprise positioned in Kaduna, Nigeria, that believes within the energy of native manufacturing for native consumption. Our firm goals to produce 10% of the processed tomato market in Nigeria inside the subsequent 5 years, sourcing tomatoes from smallholder farmers inside our community and making high-quality branded shopper merchandise for Nigeria and West Africa. We presently work with farmers within the Kaduna space, and we’re constructing a tomato processing facility that shall be commissioned in early 2021, which is able to allow us to make value-add tomato merchandise, together with tomato paste and Tomato combine. Tomato Jos has 4 key values:
We’re recruiting to fill the place beneath:
Job Title: Extension Officer
Employment Kind: Full-time
- Conduct surveys and acquire a spread of information commonly from farmers and farms.
- Monitor farmer progress all through the season and supply extension assist and recommendation.
- Coordinate enter distribution to Smallholder Farmers.
- Help the smallholder crew within the growth of this system by the recruitment, onboarding, and administration of farmer teams throughout Kaduna State, and instant environs.
- Help the event and supply of a complete coaching program for smallholder farmers and farmer teams.
- Present common experiences to administration by the crew lead.
- Monitoring to make sure farmers strict adhere to TJ greatest agronomic practices.
- Work with different groups to coordinate smallholder actions comparable to straining, enter distribution, harvest, and revenue funds.
- Put together weekly and month-to-month exercise experiences.
Minimal and Expertise Required for the Job
- Should be a graduate from Agriculture Science, Agric Extension, Biology, Rural Sociology, Agricultural Economics, or another associated self-discipline.
- Promotes the imaginative and prescient, mission, and strategic objectives of Tomato Jos.
- Capability to work underneath strain and to satisfy strict deadlines.
- Wonderful communication expertise, each oral and written.
- Should be fluent in Hausa language.
- Minimal of 1-year farming associated work expertise.
- Ardour for agricultural improvement, particularly in northern Nigeria.
- Potential to rapidly study and adapt to complicated, evolving work situations and environments.
- Shows cultural, gender, spiritual, race, nationality and age sensitivity and flexibility.
and certified candidates ought to ship their CV to: [email protected] utilizing the Job Title as the topic of the e-mail