The Accountability Lab Nigeria makes governance work for the Nigerian people through supporting active citizens, responsible leaders and accountable institutions. Our vision is a country in which resources are used wisely, decisions benefit everyone fairly, and people lead secure lives. We have three mutually-reinforcing objectives: to support a positive movement to build accountability and democracy; ensure the voices of communities are heard on accountability issues; and support collaboration around accountability and open governance through unlikely networks.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Project Officer
Job Location: Abuja (FCT), Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Project Officer will be a key member of the Accountability Lab Nigeria team, working to ensure that the Lab’s growing portfolio of projects are managed effectively, efficiently and transparently.
- The Project Officer will lead the Lab’s efforts to deliver on projects against agreed deliverables and timelines, and support design, planning and reporting against grants.
- The Project Officer will also liaise with other key team members to ensure harmonization across the various grant and project-related elements of the Lab’s work including communications, monitoring, evaluation and learning and strategy.
- The Lab is a learning organization and it is also expected that the Project Officer will understand and appreciate how to support the Lab to include innovation, learning and adaptation into everything it does.
- The Project Officer will report to the Lab’s Programs and Learning Manager in Abuja who has overall responsibility for project implementation.
- The Lab’s ongoing projects includeIntegrity Icon;SDG 16 Innovation Challenge and Accountability Incubatorto support young people with creative ideas around accountability, access to justice and rule of law; Voice2Rep, a music campaign to develop socially conscious music; and theCivic Action Teams, a pioneering citizen feedback, dialogue and community voice platform.
- Women, those from minority groups and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Support the design, implementation and oversight of Accountability Lab’s projects related to accountability, transparency, open governance, youth engagement and citizen participation;
- Ensure projects are meeting goals and are adaptive based on the context, and ensure project outputs are delivered on time;
- Lead training/ workshops were relevant to project implementation, outreach, community-building and reporting;
- Embed better integration of gender related aspects to the work plan and ensure that activities are implemented, recorded, reported and analyzed to improve the gender equality;
- Undertake regular field trips to the project sites with the purpose of performing program quality assessments; develop reports and make a follow up on recommendations.
- Support the Lab’s internal project reporting calendars and processes to ensure accurate and timely submission reports and other outputs;
- Produce internal progress reports and report to the larger team on a weekly basis on progress;
- Provide the necessary support in coaching, guidance for associates, consultants and volunteers that will boost their capacity to deliver results;
- Integrate a learning mindset and approach into all projects, ensuring that feedback and data is used to improve activities over time;
- Support the Lab’s internal learning and evaluation processes including annual impact and learning reporting
- Embraces new approaches on program implementation
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- Minimum of 3 – 4 years work experience.
- Above all, this position requires a superb understanding of program design, management, implementation and reporting. It requires excellent management skills, attention to detail, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- The successful candidate will need to have the creativity, vision and knowledge of the program implementation field to help us deliver on commitments and to improve what we do.
- The successful candidate will also need to be able to work within a dynamic and culturally diverse team, embodying the organization’ commitment to accountability, transparency and equity.
- We seek a demonstrated record of assuming significant professional responsibility and delivering on programmatic goals with integrity and humility.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover letter and salary expectations to: [email protected] using “AL Nigeria PO Application” as the subject of the email.